What is HTML ?
HTML is the language in which most websites are written. HTML is used to create a web pages and make them functional.
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTML consists of a series of elements
- HTML is a Language, as it has code-words and syntax like any other language.
- HTML consists of a series of short codes typed into a text-file by the site author — these are the tags. The text is then saved as a html file, and viewed through a browser,
The History of HTML
HTML was first created by Tim Berners-Lee, Robert Cailliau, and others starting in 1989. It stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. A Markup Language is a way that computers speak to each other to control how text is processed and presented. To do this HTML uses two things: tags and attributes.
How to Print Hello! Word In HTML
Just to give you a little excitement about HTML, I'm going to give you a small conventional HTML Hello World program. Follow this step
- Open your computer and open any one text editor !!
- Now let’s start Coding in HTML
- Now we are saving our file index.html on the desktop !!
- Now our index.html is ready to run in our browser !!
- Double tap your index.html file !!
— The output of the above example will look something like this:-
All HTML documents must start coding with a document type declaration: <!DOCTYPE html>.
The HTML document It self begins with <html> and ends with </html>.
The visible part of the HTML document is between <body>start tag and </body> end tag.