CodeIgniter is a simple , elegant and powerful toolkit with a very small footprint, used by those developers who want to create full-featured Web Applications. CodeIgniter is an Open Source PHP Framework. It has a very rich set of functionality, which will increase the speed of website development work.
As there are various sources through which websites can be developed, but Codeigniter is preferred over the others
- Codeigniter is very simple to configure, as it is an open source framework.
- Model-View-Controller (M.V.C) Based System
- Large library of “helper” functions,Support for Hooks and Class Extensions
- Flexible URI Routing,Search-engine Friendly URLs,Unit Testing Class
- As per our own requirement we can do customisation very easily.
- Those who don’t want to waste a lot of time in difficult coding, as coding in PHP is easy to use, simple and very quick.
- It allows us to well organise the code underlying our web page easily.
- The folder structure used here is linear therefore very easy to use.
- It helps in easy hassle- free migration of server hosting from one to another.
- CodeIgniter make use of the MVC system to simplify the coding, expedient and reusable.
- It helps to find out the errors in codes and fix the issues in the web applications.
- It is a user-friendly which help developers to create a dynamic, secure and effective web applications in a short time.
- Programmers can create web applications as with additional features and high-end functionalities by using in-built resource and libraries of the CodeIgniter.